Thursday, June 28, 2007

A complete translation of Livy

I know I'm not the only one to hunt through Google Books to find useful editions and out of print classics.

But one thing I've had great difficulty locating is a complete text of Livy. Out of print editions on the used book market are few and expensive, and plain e-texts are unattractive. I'm not averse to printing PDFs (2-up, double-sided) and keeping them on the shelf in three ring binders.

So if you're like me and you're looking for Livy, then look no farther:


  1. Books 1 to 8
  2. Books 9 to 26
  3. Books 27 to 36
  4. Book 37 to the end

1 comment:

Eric said...

That reminds me that I should have noted this on here: lots of the impossible-to-find 19C critical editions (i.e. the most recent editions, for some of the works) of late antique Christian texts are on Google books, too. Even my main man Sedulius.