Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm kind of a big deal

I'm conflicted. Is this a compliment?

I'm a great fan of your site, and wish I'd known of the grad school cheat sheet when I was a student...I'm a great fan of your site, and wish I'd known of the grad school cheat sheet when I was a student...
Or is it an ad?
I wonder if you're familiar with the blog by the TLS classics editor, Mary Beard http://timesonline.typepad.com/dons_life/ - she discusses various aspects of classics (which she teaches at Cambridge) and today's entry discusses why the Romans didn't drink cocktails and why they should have
Either way, I'm honored as the author of that e-mail works for the TLS. Even if other (more consistent) blogs received similar messages, it's the TLS.

So that will allow me to rest on my laurels a bit more during what's left of Winter break. I'll play some more Nintendo Wii, read some soul-destroying books on education and teaching, and develop more lesson plans. What I am unlikely to do, however, is blog, so I reckon Mary Beard will have to keep picking up the slack for the Campus (I jest).

No comments: