Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Uncle Sam wants a piece of Nicander

I'm always interested to know how people find the campus, so I check the site meter pretty regularly. Our (mostly) silent partner, Magister Coke, brings in a lot of his students, but the big one has got to be Constantine's Vision.

Must be a hot topic these days.

I'm most puzzled, however, by this: it seems the IRS is auditing some very old books.

Someone found the Campus by googling Nicander's Alexipharmaca.

This isn't the first time someone's found us by searching for this most misunderstood and disliked Hellenistic poet. I should do him the honor of posting something more substantial than the post everyone stumbles upon.

In the meantime, go easy on the lad. His books don't sell well, and I doubt he's holding out on the feds.

Then again, maybe the IRS is concerned with incurring the wrath of those whom they audit. Antidotes might come in handy.

No comments: