Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Greek and Latin spotted on the radio

The other day I heard a caller to the lcoal sports radio station offer big kuh-DOOZ to the host (and yes, kuh-DOOZ rhymes with 'the news'). Never have I heard kudos butchered so badly.

This morning on Howard Stern I briefly heard the gang repeatedly saying, 'Latin gravitas' apparently in mockery of James Lipton.

Now that I can get behind. The man makes a mean iced tea though.

At the moment I'm working on a new thesis which also was not on our earlier poll. Sorry about that. But the good news is that I have under two months to complete a thesis on meter in Aratus and Nicander, and I'm currently convinced that Nicander's Alexipharmaca is the most underappreciated poem in the history of the world of mankind ever. It's--dare I say it?--really really ridiculously good.

No comments: