Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Small News in Any World

Three items here (for those of you keeping score at home) in order of interest and excitement:

1) My thesis will now (probably) be on the ideology of myth in Greek city festivals.

2) I finally passed the Latin exam!

and most importantly ...

3) I conquered Jim the arm-wrestling champ at the bar on Friday night. The bartenders have never heard of such a feat, and I believe it is incumbent upon Eric to compose an epinician poem in my honor. For those of you who don't know Jim, here he is in his own words (viz. in direct speech):

I don't got hands ... I got PAWS!


Now picture a mean lookin' motha' wagging his tongue at you with arms like tree trunks ... with, um, paws on the ends of them. Or something.

And then there was Dennis ...

1 comment:

Eric said...

congrats on both accounts!

you're right, an epinikia OUGHT to be forthcoming...